Monday, December 6, 2010

Letter to Dr.Pepper

As a final assignment for our mini unit we had to write a letter to the company who package we took apart. this is what I wrote:

Dear Dr.pepper,
My name is Blanca (I used a fake name...) and I am in the 7th grade. For a science project my teacher asked us to take apart a package. I chose Dr.Pepper. From what I can tell you are a fairly eco-friendly company, but I was wondering if you had any suggestions of how you could improve your product to make it more eco-friendly.
Sincerely,
Blanka Jones

This is what they wrote back,

Dear Parent or Guardian of Blanka:
We received Blanka's e-mail and are pleased she chose to write to us! For more information on our company we ask that you please visit www.drpeppersnapplegroup.com.
We thank Blanka for her e-mail and hope she enjoys the holidays!
Sincerely,
Consumer Relations

Well it's not really what I had hoped but they responded. I have looked at the site the gave me and I found some pretty cool facts. Dr.Pepper is trying to recycle 80% of the wast they produce. They are also planning to replace all their machines by 2013 to those that will save 30% more energy then the current ones they use. Not only is everything in their package recyclable but they are doing a ton to try and clean up their act. Go Dr.Pepper!

No comments:

Post a Comment